More than 20 years ago, investment advisor Rick Laymon knew that there had to be a way to integrate biblical faith with investing excellence. He didn’t want to profit from investments that contradicted God’s guidance for life. When he learned that more than half of the companies in the S&P 500 were involved in or promoted the abortion industry, pornography, or other anti-family values, Rick decided that he would offer another option.
We knew there was a better way to invest.
A way that looked for outstanding investment opportunities – while still respecting our deeply held biblical faith.
Developing an idea:
Faith-based investing and Beacon Wealth Consultants
Rick began to assemble a team of investment professionals to develop the idea of faith-based investing, and Beacon Wealth Consultants was born. After 10 years of perfecting the practice of investing based on biblical values, we at Beacon responded to the demand for turnkey biblical investing solutions by opening our proprietary LightPoint™ Portfolio Solutions to advisors and the public.
Solutions for clients, advisors, and corporate retirement plans
LightPoint™ Portfolio Solutions was created to provide options for:
- Financial advisors who want to serve clients with competitive investment options that are also intensely examined for consistency with biblical values.
- Corporate retirement plans that prioritize a faith-based and morally conservative 401(k) plan.
- Church or non-profit retirement plans that value an investment choice consistent with their faith.
- Individuals or families who want to align their investments with their faith.
Today, LightPoint Portfolio Solutions applies faith-based investing principles to four main areas:
- LightPoint Mutual Fund/Exchange Traded Fund Strategies – five turnkey, fully asset-allocated, risk-based portfolios.
- LightPoint Select Equity Strategy – a strategically allocated, diversified, and tax-efficient strategy available within a single account.
- Kingdom(k)® Retirement Plan Solution – integrates faith-based investing into corporate retirement plans, including fiduciary duties, plan administration, online education, and tools to help employees manage their finances.
- Kingdom(b)® Ministry Retirement Plan Solution – a faith-based 403(b)(9) for ministry staff members allows most ministers to continue to use the Pastoral Housing Allowance benefit at retirement.